Package home | Report new bug | New search | Development Roadmap Status: Open | Feedback | All | Closed Since Version 1.4.4

Bug #16691 handling of non-safe characters in script names
Submitted: 2009-10-11 15:37 UTC
From: alec Assigned: yunosh
Status: Closed Package: Net_Sieve (version 1.2.0b1)
PHP Version: Irrelevant OS:
Roadmaps: (Not assigned)    
Subscription  


 [2009-10-11 15:37 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
Description: ------------ Double-quote character in script name is not handled properly. When sending to server we must to escape it with backspace in quoted string or we must use literal string. The same on reading, quoted strings must be de-escaped. We need also literal string support at least in _cmdListScripts().

Comments

 [2009-10-14 13:33 UTC] yunosh (Jan Schneider)
-Status: Open +Status: Assigned
 [2009-10-14 13:34 UTC] yunosh (Jan Schneider)
-Assigned To: +Assigned To: yunosh
 [2010-07-08 12:44 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
 [2010-07-08 12:45 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
I've added a patch. Without literal string support in LISTSCRIPTS, but it works for me with dovecot's implementation.
 [2010-07-08 13:30 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
 [2010-07-08 13:33 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
After some testing I've found that it's still not working when I'm using non-ASCII characters in script names (eg. some national unicode characters). So, I've created a patch in which _quoteScriptName() is removed and literal-c2s strings are used instead of quoted.
 [2010-07-08 13:35 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
 [2010-07-08 13:54 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
 [2010-07-08 13:58 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
 [2010-07-08 13:59 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
Attached final version of the patch.
 [2011-02-17 16:43 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
 [2011-02-17 16:46 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
I've added improved and a little bit simplified patch. Consider it as final version and apply, please.
 [2011-02-18 13:59 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
-Summary: double-quotes in script name +Summary: handling of non-safe characters in script names
We need this change also because of this bug (fixed yesterday) in dovecot's managesieve implementation http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2011-February/057456.html
 [2011-02-20 13:36 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
 [2011-02-20 13:38 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
Updated patch with SETACTIVE fix.
 [2011-08-06 05:35 UTC] yunosh (Jan Schneider)
-Status: Assigned +Status: Closed
This bug has been fixed in SVN. If this was a documentation problem, the fix will appear on pear.php.net by the end of next Sunday (CET). If this was a problem with the pear.php.net website, the change should be live shortly. Otherwise, the fix will appear in the package's next release. Thank you for the report and for helping us make PEAR better.