A way to do it would be the following:
- Check text for spelling errors.
- On errors:
- Fail validation
- Insert hidden element into form with md5 of text
- All ok:
- Mark element valid
- Now the second time the form is submitted
- If there are no more errors, all is find
- If the text still contains spelling errors:
- md5(current text) == hidden md5 of previous text
-> the errors are intentional, the user wants it
- text is different from previous version: check again
Also, it is not possible to walk through the errors on a second text field if you have errors in the first(?).
Till Klampaeckel [2007-09-27 08:35 UTC]Maybe an alternative "driver" for the spellchecking backend would be nice? You don't need to implement everything right now, but a driver architecture wouldn't hurt (imho).
I've used this one before: