|» Version||» Information|
Not sure? Get more info.
pear install DB_NestedSet-1.3
Try PEAR2's installer, Pyrus.
php pyrus.phar install pear/DB_NestedSet-1.3
For manual installation only
Release date: 2003-10-07 00:17 UTC
Release state: beta
Release uploaded by: datenpunk
This release includes many internal changes and some (long demanded) feature additions.
The API and database structure should be fully backward compatible.
Please test this release as much as possible, so that any remaining issues can be
uncovered and resolved prior to the final release.
If you want to use new features like preorder sorting you will
have to convert the tree to meet the new db model.
See docs/migrateDB.txt on how to migrate your existing tree.
* MDB support is back again.
* Fixed a problem with some move operations where the moving tree gets changed during
the move operation.
* Many small internal fixes.
o New features:
* Added a method setSortMode($mode) where $mode is NESE_SORT_LEVEL or NESE_SORT_PREORDER.
This will change the way the query methods return the tree.
NESE_SORT_LEVEL is the default.
NESE_SORT_PREORDER returns the tree preorder sorted. This sorting method
was often demanded as it's the way one would usually expect the tree to be returned.
Preorder sorting will also work with the property $secondarySort.
So it's possible to get the siblings of one level sorted alphabetically by name.
Note that you will have to switch back to NESE_SORT_LEVEL if you want to display
a tree with the output drivers.
* Added method getParent() to get the immediate parent of a node
* Added method getSiblings() to get all siblings of a node + the node itself
* Added method createLeftNode() to create a node before a node given by it's node id.
* Added method apiVersion() which obviously returns the current API version
* Added convertTreeModel() to convert a tree into the new tree model
* Added magic parent db field. If a column with the field mapping 'parent' is present
the parent id of a node is stored inside this column.
This doesn't exactly meet the nested sets theory and will only be used by some
methods like getParent(). It's recommended to use this column for new installations
or converted trees.
* Now values passed to creation methods are verfified so that a script can't set
params like the parent id by itself
* Added listbox_toHTML() and tree_toHTML() methods to the TreeMenu output driver.
Thanks to Emanuel Zueger for this additions.
* Added regression tests for all public methods and common options
The regression test setup isn't very userfriendly for now.
The db schema can be found under docs and you will have to customize tests/UnitTest.php
to set your database connection params.
* The main class now uses the array representation of the tree for internal operations.
This should gain some performance.
o Notes on next major version (1.3):
* The API will change.
* The class won't return objects anymore. It will act as if $keepAsArray is set to true
when calling the query methods.
It's a good idea to switch to set this param to be mostly compatible.
* Callback handlers will be removed - I don't even know if someone uses them.
Please mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you really see a use.
-- To be continued --