HTML_QuickForm2 is a PHP5 rewrite of HTML_QuickForm and HTML_QuickForm_Controller
packages. It provides methods to create, validate and render HTML forms.
- Supports all form elements defined by HTML standard, provides several
- Server-side and client-side validation, several common rules
- Multipage forms (tabbed forms and wizards)
- Pluggable elements, rules, renderers and renderer plugins
Major advantages over PHP4 versions:
- Most of the package's functionality is covered by unit
- DOM-like API for building the form structure, new streamlined API for
elements' values handling.
- Default rendering without tables (inspired by HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless).
- Renderer plugins for elements with complex rendering needs.
- Ability to chain validation rules with 'and' and 'or'.
- Client-side validation can run "live" on changing the form fields,
validation errors are displayed near the fields instead of in
(similar to HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless).