Package home | Report new bug | New search | Development Roadmap Status: Open | Feedback | All | Closed Since Version 1.8.9

Bug #17573 Content-Type: header problem
Submitted: 2010-07-07 11:12 UTC Modified: 2010-07-07 18:15 UTC
From: peterdesk Assigned: alec
Status: Closed Package: Mail_Mime (version 1.7.0)
PHP Version: 5.2.6 OS:
Roadmaps: 1.8.0    
Subscription  


 [2010-07-07 11:12 UTC] peterdesk (Peter Blokland)
Description: ------------ when creating a message with a given charset, the content-type header appears like Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 (notice the newline). for some of our clients this creates problems, because the email-client will stop parsing headers, and thus the body will start with the charset definition. removing the $eol from $headers['Content-Type'] .= ";$eol charset=" . $this->_build_params['text_charset']; in strategic places in both mime.php and mimePart.php fixes this. looking at rfc 2045 i see : content := "Content-Type" ":" type "/" subtype *(";" parameter) ; Matching of media type and subtype ; is ALWAYS case-insensitive. for the syntax of the Content-Type: header. as near as i can figure this does not suggest a newline character, at least not after the semicolon.

Comments

 [2010-07-07 11:34 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
What software has problem with this? Partially you're right. But you should read about folding in RFC5322. Also folding is used in all examples of RFC2231.
 [2010-07-07 12:44 UTC] peterdesk (Peter Blokland)
thanks for the pointers, it seems the format is indeed correct.. i can't reproduce the error myself, but i've gotten reports from multiple sources, all of whom said 'outlook' (which we don't use), allthough i've not heard a version. i'm asking one of the last people to report this to give me some more information. i'll report back asap.
 [2010-07-07 12:49 UTC] peterdesk (Peter Blokland)
for completeness, this is the main part of a mail that causes the problem : From www-data@desk.nl Wed Jul 7 12: 6:02 2010 Return-Path: <www-data@desk.nl> To: peter@desk.nl Subject: INK : Uw bestelling bij INK.nl MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-Sent-From: ink.nl From: info@ink.nl Reply-To: info@ink.nl Message-Id: <20100707104517.4E746678007@yucan.desk.nl> Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:45:17 +0200 (CEST) X-UIDL: jPA!!$N6"!4R#"!%!/!! Status: RO Content-Length: 1189 Lines: 83
 [2010-07-07 18:15 UTC] alec (Aleksander Machniak)
-Status: Open +Status: Closed -Assigned To: +Assigned To: alec -Roadmap Versions: +Roadmap Versions: 1.8.0
I've added a code to place charset parameter in first line of Content-Type header, if possible (the line is short). Now, I think we can close this requests as it's not Mail_Mime issue.